Indian Healthcare Professionals group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/ishpnetwork/) currently has crossed 7600 members and is probably one of the largest group of professionals connected with healthcare anywhere in the world. This ISHP page at https://www.facebook.com/ishpindia has more than 100,000 likes. We request all those interested in healthcare sector to join the ISHP group and also like the ISHP page at https://www.facebook.com/ishpindia. You can invite your friends and colleagues to join this group by inviting them to join https://www.facebook.com/groups/ishpnetwork/ by email. You can also add members by using the "+Add people to group" box on the top of the right hand side of the ISHP page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ishpnetwork/.
"Indian Healthcare Professionals (IHP) is a part of the Indian Society of Healthcare Professionals network". Indian Healthcare Professionals (IHP) is an online platform aimed at enhancing information exchange amongst the Indian Healthcare professionals. To unleash the full power of the network effect for Healthcare Professionals (Pl see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_effect) it is critical for this network to reach a size of 500,000 Healthcare (doctors, nurses, etc) professionals. At that scale, this network would start creating a far bigger online as well as offline impact on the sector as a whole. ISHP already works with over 50,000 health professionals across India. We encourage these health professionals to use this platform to share their ideas and innovations.
Whether you are a Doctor, Nurse, Chemist, Physiotherapist, Paramedical staff, Public Health Professional or hold any other health sector expertise, ISHP will find ways to use your expertise on a flexi-time voluntary basis to benefit the aged and the poor in your proximate geographies.
We also post healthcare innovatations, innovative companies and ideas on this group. The hope is for these ideas to inspire youngsters and others to dream of businesses and innovative enterprises around healthcare.
Indian Society of Healthcare Professionals (ISHP at http://www.ishpindia.org/) is a non-government, non-profit organization incorporated in 2010, under Section 25 of the Indian Companies Act.
ISHP is working to strengthen the health systems in the country by establishing and leveraging a network of healthcare professionals for volunteering opportunities and thereby making a significant contribution to the achievement of health-related Millennium Development Goals.
With the help of the volunteers and a minimal staff, some highlights of the ISHP experience since 2010 are:
1. ISHP has facilitated creation of 2 hospitals in the rural areas with our team providing the gamut of services - planning, designing, setting up and management of the established facilities.
2. ISHP has designed, operationalized and managed more than 20 mobile medical units all over India, especially in remote areas where access to health services is poor. We partner with local NGOs and the public health system to optimize the mobile medical services.
3. ISHP has successfully organized more than 30 medical camps across NCR, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal to provide basic medical care to the local poor population in the remote rural and flood affected areas.
4. ISHP has set-up more than 10 water treatment plants in multiple states for public use. These plants are operated and maintained by community based water committees.
5. The volunteer experts and the internal medical team at ISHP has developed new training modules for various cadres of healthcare professionals in vernacular languages including Hindi, Kannada, Oriya, Punjabi and Marathi. ISHP has developed training modules in Family planning & Contraception, Sexual Health, Tuberculosis, Maternal Health, Breast feeding, Child Health and HIV & AIDS.
6. ISHP, with our volunteers, has leveraged IT expertise to design, develop and implement various ICT-based solutions to plug the gaps in health care delivery to the last mile clients. These solutions range from health call centres to provide free telephonic health advice to simple and cost-effective mobile-based health applications. ISHP is also building a repository of best health/medical practices.
ISHP is one the largest providers of tele-health services in the development sector in India, with projects spanning across many states. ISHP has specific expertise in setting up and running health help lines for various international healthcare organizations. ISHP run help lines are located in UP, Karnataka and Delhi-NCR.
These helplines provide:
* Information on various health issues, health services, products and details of diagnostic facilities and providers in the locations of the callers.
* Tele-counselling to the inbound callers regarding disease management processes.
* Referral to appropriate providers/ clinics in their towns.
* Tracking of the potential clients to provide continuity of care (close the loop mechanism).
* Care line Services - Reminders and outbound calls for post -use support.
Pl email email@example.com to receive a full ppt on ISHP and its work since 2010. Please visit www.ishpindia.org to see for yourself what can be created out of a simple network.